Slip & Fall5 of the Most Common Slip and Fall Injuries

January 7, 20210

When you step onto someone else’s property, they have a duty of care to live up to in order to ensure your safety. If you become injured on another person’s property due to a slip and fall accident, you may be able to recover damages.

Here are five of the slip and fall injuries we see most often:

#1 – Broken Bones

It is common for people to break bones in a slip and fall accident. Most commonly, people break or fracture the following bones:

  • Hips
  • Wrists
  • Ankles

The more you age, the greater your chances are of breaking a bone in a slip and fall accident. However, that doesn’t matter in the eyes of the law. Everyone has the right to sue for injuries related to a slip and fall accident on another person’s property.

#2 – Sprains

It’s possible for an unusual or uneven step to cause your fall. You may also try to use your arms to break your fall. Both of these actions can cause the ligaments in your ankles and/or wrists to sprain or strain. These injuries can take a while to heal since ligaments don’t receive much of the body’s blood.

#3 – Knee Impairment

Your knees can be injured if you twist as you fall. Knee injuries tend to be very complex and can take quite a while to fully heal.

#4 – Shoulder Dislocation and Muscle Trauma

If you attempt to grab onto something on your way down, you may jar your shoulder as a result. Or you could hit your shoulder as you fall. Shoulder injuries can be very serious and take a long time to heal.

#5 – Spine and Nerve Injuries

Your spine and nerves are delicate. You may experience nerve damage as a result of direct trauma, stretching, or cuts. Certain types of nerve damage can be permanent, but others are treatable.

If you’ve been injured in a slip and fall accident on someone else’s property through no fault of your own, you may be owed compensation and our team may be able to help you recover it.

Call the Ozone Park lawyers at The Cassisi Law Firm today at 718-441-5050 to speak with an experienced attorney about your case.